The Second Sunday of Lent
8am Holy Communion (BCP)
10am Holy Communion (Book of Common Worship)
Hymns: 19, How Deep the Father’s Love (words inside), 195, congregation communion 312 and 377, last hymn 695
- The crèche is available during the 10am service for children aged four and under and also parents with babies. There are also some bags (containing books and materials for colouring) at the back of church to occupy children who wish to stay in church. Due to the risk of trip hazards, it would be appreciated if parents/guardians would please supervise their children whilst in the crèche and tidy up upon leaving.
- Parish Visits: When visiting anyone on behalf of St. Mary’s, can we please ask that you be kind enough to let Carol Sharman know (01536725759), in order to avoid anyone being missed out. Would you also let Carol know if you notice anyone who is not in church for a few weeks, so that we can make enquiries and, if felt appropriate, arrange a visit. Thank you for your co-operation.
- Stewardship/collecting plate Many members of the congregation give monthly by bankers order and do not use the collecting plate. If you would like to do the same or use the yellow envelope system, please contact one of the sidesmen at the back of the church.
- Prayer list The names of those who are ill or in need of prayer will remain on the prayer list for three weeks. However, we realise that some people may need to be on for longer and, if this is the case, please speak with Carol Sharman who will be happy to arrange this.
- Electoral Roll: This will be revised from 14th March to 4th If your name is currently shown on the roll (please see list at back of church) you do not need to do anything. If, however, you wish to be added to the roll, forms are available at the back of church. Please complete and return to Shirley Banks before 4th April.
- The ‘Thank you for the Music’ concert recently held in Finedon raised the fantastic sum of £747 for Church Army mission in Burton Latimer. Thank you to all those involved in organising the event, the performers and all those who attended.
- Lent Appeal for the Daylight Centre: Please place donations of bedding, towels and toiletries for men in the crate at the back of church. Many thanks for your support – the Outreach Team.
- Camerata Singers “All creatures great and small” concert on Saturday, 18th March at 7.30pm. This will be music with an animal theme and will be a joint concert with students of The Latimer Arts. Tickets £5 each, available from Ann Burridge (513955).
- Five-week Lent Course at the John Yeomans Hall, Tuesdays 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th March and 4th April, at 7.30 pm, plus a service of healing on 11th See noticeboard for further details.
- Day trip to Bury St Edmunds, Tuesday, 4th April, leaving from the end of Meeting Lane at 9.00 am, £12.00 per person (closing date when all monies must be paid is Monday, 27th March). Sign-up sheet at the back of church. Further details from Bob Miller on 01536725974
Morning Prayer is said in church on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday at 9 am and 8.30 am on Friday. All are very welcome to join us.
Monday – 6.30 pm Choir practice,
Tuesday – 10.30 am SMUFs at the Guiding Centre, 7.30 pm Week 2 of Lent Course (see above)
Wednesday – 9.30 am Mid-week Holy Communion followed by light refreshments
Thursday – 5.30 pm Wedding rehearsal, 7.30 pm Bell-ringers practice
Saturday – 1 pm Wedding, 7.30 pm Camerata Singers concert (see above)
Sunday, 19th March The Third Sunday of Lent
8 am Holy Communion (Book of Common Prayer)
10 am Holy Communion (Common Worship)